Our proprietary technology delivers perfect homogeneous cell blocks containing a defined mixture of cells expressing certain known biomarkers. We are able to create a control cell block regardless of scale to enable multiple sites to use the same control slides from the same block.
- We manufacture our biomarker control materials using our precision histology methods. All materials fixation, processing, embedding and cutting are controlled in precise procedures to ensure the highest quality FFPE blocks for our customers.
- The cutting of each FFPE block is performed with fully automated microtome at zero degree to ensure thickness consistency.
- FFPE sections are assessed with interferometer to measure section thickness and surface quality for IHC qualification.
- We can custom make homogeneous FFPE blocks for automated ISH/IHC platforms for clinically relevant markers. These types of blocks are especially important in validating the performance of antibodies from different manufacturers or the same manufacturer but from different production lots.
- We also create multicore blocks using different materials or treatment conditions to include an array of multiple signal intensities for quantitative analysis reference for tissue based biomarker assays.